Windows 10 16 gb ram and more then 12gb is in standby. Can anyone help me to tyrn off this mapping files or standby memory whatever it is.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kartik Jangid
  • Start date Start date
K

Kartik Jangid

My system has 16GB of RAM and i already turned off page files because they are so buggy and makes system un responsive.

I used to keep page files on in past but i am a kind of multitasking guy so it always make system run slow then i found the solution. Page files heavyly writes datas to SSD even when 70% of ram is free. After turning it off i noticed a improvement but after a few days i found one more issue that stopping my pc to run fast and thst is standby memory.

The standby memory cache stays around 12GB even when my commit limit is reached causing either a low memory warning or a program which crashes because it couldn't allocate memory.

When i restart the computer standby memory is low and pc run smoothly. I am using a 970 pro so the ssd is quite fast if i turn on page files to SSD but i am concerned about the warranty.

I know the pagefile in ram is small, but it is for two reasons - limited SSD space and a windows controlled pagefile was causing performance issues from swapping too often.

Any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back