Windows 10 2 separate problems but they might be connected to each other. Windows update and screen bug.

• Thread starter Thread starter Ataa Martin
  • Start date Start date
A

Ataa Martin

Firstly, the windows update.

I've tried searching everywhere for an answer on how to prevent my windows update from failing, but every article I see, just leads to another article and the cycle continues so on and so forth until either the OP of that post gives up or somehow does something themselves to fix it. I've paused my update for about a month now, because of the constant fails. Every time I would update, it would reach a certain percentage and then restart (as it should) but instead of continuing the update, it fails or corrupts then goes through (BSOD) and reverts back to its previous version. Tried doing this once for a whole day, a whole day mind you and no solution. Took up to the internet and no solution. Now the update might be the cause of the main problem that I'm having.

Second problem, that happened just yesterday night. I turned on my PC after work, to relax and play some games, then I realized that my game would framerate every now and then, found it quite odd because it never does that so I tried to ignore it and the game crashed because of the screen bug. The screen would go black for a second, freeze my screen and then continue working normally. Now it happens randomly whether I'm on a game or not, but it seems to happen more often when more demanding applications are opened (Which never happened before). Today it was strange, sometimes it would be lenient, but other times today it would keep flashing black, freeze and act normally and that cycle would continue for a good couple minutes. I think the problem lies within the windows update. I checked my drivers, video drivers and everything, and they're all up to date. So this is my last resort for any help before calling in someone and spending money to fix a probably easy solution for the person that will be fixing my PC for a price. I've seen this before with a mate, had a different problem and asked online, no solution. When the repairman or PC technician came in, they fixed it in a few minutes. So before I call someone in, here I am. Hopefully "Microsoft" or anyone here can help me out, it's really starting to get on my nerves at this point.

Here's what it says on the update tab for what it's trying to install. Any advice will be appreciated, thank you. Please don't link me any articles because chances are, I've already seen it and tried it to no avail.

"Windows 10, version 20H2"

"Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.87 (KB890830)"

"2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4586878)

Continue reading...

Back