Windows 10 2019 matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 dvd drive not working after upgrade to windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter {SpaceOdyssey}
  • Start date Start date
S

{SpaceOdyssey}

Hi all, I recently did a fresh install of Window 10 for my "Asus Laptop K53z" and after a while I discovered that the CD-DVD ROM - matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 - was not found. It didn't even appear in the "Device Manager" [short cut: 'windows key' + x then 'm'] .

I discovered the community post:

matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 dvd drive not working after upgrade to windows 10

Post from user: mysonjayson1132012

However, it is not the a complete solution for me, but it helped me along the way.

The problem was that AMD or ATI link to download the "AMD Chipset Driver" did not work and whenever I went to the site to use there custom search driver listing, to download the drivers, my chipset:

"AMD A70M Chipset" and AMD® APU A4-3300M Processor

It was not listed.

I also tried the Auto detect tool and it didn't work either.

I also tried the using the "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe" and then following the instruction aforementioned link and user: mysonjayson1132012

1. Open 'Device Manager' [short cut: 'windows key' + x then 'm']

2. Expand 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'

3. Right Click 'AMD SATA Contoller'

4. Select 'Update Driver'

5. Select 'Browse my Computer for driver software Locate and install driver software manually'

6. Click 'Browse...'

7. Select Folder Location that contains drivers for you hardware: 'C:\AMD

8. Make sure Check Box 'Include subfolders' is 'Ticked'

9. Click 'Next'

But windows could not find the 'AMD SATA Controller' that it was meant to find UNFORTUNATELY!

HOWEVER, if you goto the Asus website and download the 'AMD Chipset Driver' list for Win7 as they only have support until Win7 and NOT Win10

AND then follow the above steps until 'Step 7' and then direct to the 'AMD Chipset Driver's downloaded from the Asus support page:

K53Z | ASUS Australia. Select 'Driver & Tools'

2. Scroll to heading 'Chipset'

3. Click 'See All Downloads'

4. Download from the list of drivers:

Version V1.2.1.321

2011/12/29252.1 KBytes

AMD Chipset Driver
5. After download finished Extract the files 'to a folder'

6. Continue 'Steps 8 & 9' from above 'Instruction'

AND IT FOUND THE DRIVER ' AND SATA Controller'

AND NOW THE 'DVD/CD-ROW' listing is now visible in the 'Device Manager' and my

'matshitadvd-ram uj8b0 SATA CdRom Device' has also been found under that listing

YAY what a win

It also works and can play MUSIC!!

Continue reading...

Back