Windows 10 A keyboard appears on the login screen, except when I have my drawing tablet plugged in.

• Thread starter Thread starter Bethanie Tipton
  • Start date Start date
B

Bethanie Tipton

I first got this laptop, a Dell Latitude E7250, back at the end of May. But then, about... July, maybe? definitely by August, there would be a keyboard that pops up on the login screen, after I turned the On-screen Keyboard on. However, this keyboard looked different.

Anywho, I figured that's what it was, and I got tired of seeing it, so I just turned the On-screen Keyboard off. At first, it worked, but after a little while, it came back. I've been busting my brains out trying to disable it ever since then, and have found ZERO solutions. I have tried literally EVERYTHING. I've even tried to go into the registry, but it WON'T LET ME DO ANYTHING. It won't even let me set myself, the ADMINISTRATOR, to have full control over the osk. And yes, I've looked up how to do this, and every time I click 'Okay' or 'Apply', it tells me that I don't have permission.

Additionally, in the process of trying to figure out how to get rid of this thing, I have found out that this isn't even the OSK popping up. And nope, it's not the touch keyboard, either. It's something completely different.

At first, that's what I thought it was, but when I enable the touch keyboard myself, it doesn't look anything like the keyboard that keeps popping up on my login screen.

And get this: when I have my drawing tablet (Monoprice 10594) plugged in, it doesn't pop up! Why won't it just STAY away?!

This is just another example of how crappy Windows 10 is. When you can't control your own settings and edit the flippin' REGISTRY (trust me, I know what I want to do, and it's not gonna harm my computer and render it unusable), even though you're an ADMIN, there's a problem.

Continue reading...

Back