Windows 10 A sudden change in my laptop's performance

• Thread starter Thread starter arielgraff
  • Start date Start date
A

arielgraff

Hello, for past few weeks I have dealt with some annoying problem which I have yet to solve. Basically, every time I'll open a game which needs a little of GPU usage (or greater of course) the game will run perfectly for about 4 minutes and then the GPU usage increases to 95%-100% (while the CPU usage is only at 10%-30%) which causes the game to be literally and unironically unplayable. Now, I have had this laptop for about 3 years now and have yet to encounter these performance issues before, every game would run with the maximum setting at a solid 60 FPS. I have tried almost every method I believe, I had tested the performance of game with some tweaks to the graphics, tried to reinstall the Nvidia drivers a couple of times, tried to return to previous windows versions and then updating it to the latest version and even formatted my Laptop because I thought that I might of downloaded a miner of some sort (I did the reset with the option to keep the files). I have yet to try two things, first thing is trying to find if there is an accumulation of dust in the laptop, I have yet to do it because I don't have a screw with such a small head. The other thing that I have yet to try is to factory reset the computer. I do not know if I am even looking in the right place for the solution of not, therefore I am in deep need for help.

Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8.0 GB (256-bit)

32GB RAM

Windows 10 Home

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back