Windows 10 A Virus or Trojan or Worm That Can Survive a Factory Reset on Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter DaffyDuckKangaroo
  • Start date Start date
D

DaffyDuckKangaroo

Hello,

I plan on doing a factory reset on my Thinkpad X270 Windows 10 Pro laptop, but I'd like to check on certain things:

I read the following on backed-up files:

"In most cases, a factory reset will remove viruses. But how exactly do some manage to survive it? Wherever your backup data is stored, make sure you scan it for malware before moving any of it back to your device. The recovery partition is part of the hard drive where your device's factory settings are stored."

1) I'm not sure what "recovery partition" means?

2) If I run my Windows Defender now, obviously before the reset, will that cover any and all infections on all my files, including all my documents and pictures?

3) If the answer to "2" is no, how can I check every file and document -- I hope I don't have to do that individually?

4) If a virus or Trojan or Worm is put on my registrar -- not sure that's possible -- or in the Bios of my computer, will a total factory reset remove them?

5) Is there any kind of PC infection that a total reset can not manage, such as on the hardware -- I'm not even sure a virus/infection can infiltrate hardward but heard a rumor. Is this true?

Thank you,

Daffy D

Continue reading...

Back