Windows 10 Acer Nitro AN515-42: Disappearing dedicated graphics card when updated via Windows Update (UEFI BIOS)

• Thread starter Thread starter ader88
  • Start date Start date
A

ader88

Hello!

My notebook has integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U) and dedicated Radeon RX 560x graphics card. Until the problem occurred both cards were visible and active in the device manager.

After Windows 10 update, which concerned UEFI BIOS (update to InsydeH20 rev. 5.0), dedicated graphics card Radeon RX 560X disappeared from the device manager. It is visible, but only after checking the option to show inactive devices - the message says: device is off, connect the device to the power supply. Then the card is not detected and cannot be selected to support applications such as games. The RX 560x is only visible as active when the notebook goes to sleep mode and wakes up. It is then possible to select RX560x to support applications - everything is working normally.

I've updated the chipset drivers but no result. In UEFI BIOS settings (Advanced tab) I have only three options:

1. AMD-SVM
  2. AMD-IOMMU
  3. SATA Configuration.

The first two of the options listed above concern VM support. I don't see options to change the use of graphics cards.

How can I activate both cards so that they are available from system startup?

Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Please let the Microsoft team stuff and this error in the future update as soon as possible.

BTW apologize for my English (it is not my native language).

Continue reading...

Back