Windows 10 Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum years ago...

• Thread starter Thread starter TibaldoRancier
  • Start date Start date
T

TibaldoRancier

Hi, recently i upgraded my desktop and now I see that my windows got deactivated... before upgrading I saw that my licensing was digital and was under the impression the activation would have been automatic. So I did the troubleshoot thing and it doesn' work, I don't know the product key. Since I got it for free on a forum years ago and was for a windows 7 pro. With the years I upgraded for free to win 8 and win 10. So now ive got my upgraded PC with the activate windows watermark on the corner and its driving me crazy and idk how to solve this issue. i went into my Microsoft account devices and i see that my upgraded desktop is treated as a new device and that i still have my outdated PC as another device. I dont know if that has anything to do with the issue of activating my windows or not but any solution would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am being forward in how i got my license because i didnt buy it, i found a few licenses on a forum post by someone... i tried a few until one of them worked and thats how i got my license for windows 7 pro, and witht the free upgrades microsoft was offering i got my windows 10 pro license.

Continue reading...

Back