Windows 10 Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Lord-Xanthor II
  • Start date Start date
L

Lord-Xanthor II

I discovered something very interesting with family share that many similar posts of family share not working may actually be related. Not even sure there is a fix for this other than removing a ton of files like I was forced to do.

This past year family share would work or not work and I narrowed down to when this happens. When family share works, my entire family can connect to my main PC and view pictures, watch movies and TV shows off the DVR, yet if I add to many files, any computer that was not connected to my pc at the time can no longer see it and all android devices can no longer see and connect to my windows 10 build 1903 machine. If I right click the give access to on a folder and remove access, cutting down on amount of files being shared, then all android devices and pcs that could not see my machine, can now see it and connect. It's mind boggling and annoying as I shouldn't have to be constantly having to remove files in order to have family share working.

Continue reading...

Back