Windows 10 Additional keyboard repeatedly returns despite number of actions

• Thread starter Thread starter ELI RAM 2018
  • Start date Start date
E

ELI RAM 2018

Hi,

The German (Germany) keyboard is my 3rd keyboard layout and appears in the language bar though it does not appear in the list of languages in the language preferences. I do not want this additional keyboard (German) to appear anywhere on the computer, and it is not in any other regional settings.

I've tried the following based on other posts and googling:

1) Adding the German keybaord in the language preferences and then removing it. This offers only a temporary fix and after subsequent restarts returns to the language bar (and not to the language preferences!).

2) I've removed all languages, changed the default language to a new language, then removed it and again added English (US) and made it the default and made sure German is removed. Again, this only lasted until the next restart.

Is anyone else experiencing this???

Its super annoying because Id rather quickly switch between my first and second language rather than cycle through 3 each time.

This is off-topic but the keyboard shortcuts never stick either...and this has been this way also since Windows 7. May help microsoft developers pinpoint the source of these interrelated bugs.

Continue reading...

Back