Windows 10 Adjust image settings with preview : which option should i choose?help

• Thread starter Thread starter Marinel Cipu
  • Start date Start date
M

Marinel Cipu

I'm running on a nvidia gefore 940mx 2 gb laptop gpu , and i'm currently testing 2 options from nvidia control panel , use the advanced 3d image settings( I was already using this option for a long time , it was the default option i think) , and let the 3d application decide . I know what they do , the first one , use advanced 3d image settings uses the 3d settings that you've set in the nvidia control panel , AND in my case , my 3d settings in the nvidia control panel are set to default. The second one , let the 3d application decide , uses your in-game settings ( I'm using low graphics settings in every game that i'm playing ).

Today I tried to switch to the second option : Let the 3d application decide , I started playing a game , I don't know if the FPS we're higher then before( they we're the same i think ) , but , the image was a bit dark( It was a bit hard for me to see the enemies ) , BUT , what It's VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME . The GPU temperature , It was the same I think ( not really sure ) . That's what interests me the most , because you shouldn't get high gpu temepratures , the gpu shouldn't run harder , especially on laptops . I will switch back to the use the advanced 3d image settings option i think , because i can see my enemies slightly better , even if my 3d image settings are set to default .

Guys , which option makes the gpu to run harder ( high temperatures ) , because in my case i didin't feel a high gpu temperature( with both options - it's the same i think ) when I put my hands on the laptop ( where the gpu is located ). So, If you can , please tell me IF ANY option , menntioned above , makes your gpu to run harder and to get high temperatures , because that's what interests me the most . I also care a lot for the image visibility , i want to see my enemies well , not to struggle a bit to see them well. And I also care a lot for my laptop lifespan.

Continue reading...

Back