Windows 10 Adware website (ending in .js) constantly trying to run in the background

• Thread starter Thread starter MGuy.21
  • Start date Start date
M

MGuy.21

Hello everyone,

So this issue has been making me crazy. I really don't have an idea what is going on.

So apparently there's this website that is trying to open adware in the background every time. The interesting thing is that it only tries to run when I'm running certain websites. I've noticed that it runs mainly when I'm using these two websites or any of their domains, Google and Temp Mail. It sometimes runs on other websites, but mainly on those. I have Kaspersky Total Security on this laptop and it constantly blocks the adware's requests, however due to the adware constantly trying to run on the laptop, and the antivirus constantly sending me notifications about blocking that adware's activity, I get a spam of Windows notifications that are really annoying.

The adware site that's trying to run apparently ends in .js, so I'd suppose it runs on a Java Script file. Here is more info regarding it:

Another thing to note is that despite it trying to run on Google, I don't see any suspicious or weird looking ads there. However, on other websites, just like Temp Mail, it shows many unwanted ads (some were NSFW while running the sites at different times):

The thing that's making me crazy is that I couldn't remove it. I was using Chrome before and the same thing happened. Cleared ALL browsing data including cookies, no luck. Uninstalled Chrome, still no luck.
I also ran my PC through advanced checks in MANY apps, mainly Kaspersky, Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, Malwarefox, and I'm currently running it through SuperAntiSpyware (which seems to detect 39 adware cookies, maybe this one is one of them. If I get any positive results I will update everyone).

This is crazy. I have never seen such a resilient adware [cookie] to many antivirus apps. It is annoying me mainly because of the spam of notifications. But yeah I'd also like my laptop to be fully clean.

Could this be a Kaspersky thing? I really don't know and don't think so. If ads actually show up on some websites I don't think it's putting a fake claim. And fake claims aren't Kaspersky's things (I have Kaspersky also on my Acer Predator Triton 500 and it never showed me any fake claims. Besides, trying to access the same sites from there didn't get me any ads there. This is just a Lenovo laptop my sister uses).

Interestingly enough, before buying the Kaspersky subscription on this one, I had Avast Premium until December 2020. I wasn't convinced by its performance since it showed some fake claims and, based on Tom's Guide ranking, is #7 compared to Kaspersky's #1. I didn't see any of these warnings with Avast. But I also haven't visited these sites to see if Avast actually does remove the adware. I really don't know.
I wouldn't like to do a full wipe for the HDD. I don't prefer it. If there's any program that could just come for this adware and seriously smack it, sharing it would be much more appreciated.

Thanks everyone and I hope you're having a good day.

(Just to note, the SuperAntiSpyware scan is still going on. If it renders positive results I will update you.)

Continue reading...

Back