Windows 10 After Gaming for a decent time, when returning to Desktop Windows experiences issues.

• Thread starter Thread starter Lashtastic
  • Start date Start date
L

Lashtastic

Hello,

After a medium to long gaming session when returning to desktop windows experiences issues which do not allow me to make selections without spamming clicks, a restart corrects until next long gaming session but I'd like to isolate the issue and correct it rather than restarting my PC after each session of gaming.

Back to the issue, hard to describe so I grabbed a screen crab of it but not sure how to share that. when clicking start a selection box will fault to the top left and ignore most if not all clicks or selections I make. When attempting to just click the power button and select sleep it will open the three power options and then the selection box will continuously cycle between those. This behavior also happens to any right click lists that pop on the task bar for any applications I have pinned or running and in Xbox game bar as well. If attempting to search with Cortana I am unable to type because the selection is zipping through all the selections available there as well. I can't use settings/windows store or anything as this is happening. Any installed programs do not have this issue.

I had a one off as well yesterday where instead of the selection issue if I even tried to open the start menu it would flash open and immediately close.

I have tried the following with no fix until restart then it will just happen again, but as I stated a restart solves it till next session.

Tried:

Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
Click File > Run New Task
Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
Type Powershell
Type the following 2 commands in the Powershell prompt:
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifestand press Enter.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}and press Enter.
Close the Powershell window.
Reboot.

and:

Added new local account jumped between them and back to mine still happening on mine but not on other account.

ran SFC /scannow

ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I did all that with administration privileges and nothing solves it so far.

Continue reading...

Back