Windows 10 After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeramiah Gladden
  • Start date Start date
J

Jeramiah Gladden

Hello,

When I use the Windows 10 Pro USB Stick and do the Win10 Pro install, it completes successfully.
I have video using the GTX 908 TI Lightning, the machine reboots multiple times during the process, and it makes it all the way to the desktop.

As soon as I reboot the machine, the SSD becomes unresponsive and will not boot to windows.
My SSD has a drive light on it, and it does not flash during reboot at all. Completely inert. BUT, during the install process, and subsequent reboots, it flashes when it's reading.

I had a working Windows 10 Computer that I wanted to upgrade.
I purchased a new MB, CPU, Cooling fan/heat sink, and RAM. I've replaced what I've bought new and
I've kept Case, Pwr Supply, SSD, and GPU.

My System as it stands:

MSI Z490-A Pro Motherboard

Intel, 10th Gen Core i7-10700k (LGA1200)

MSI GTX 908 TI Lightning

32GB (2x16) G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 3000Mhz PC4-24000 CL16 Dual Channel Memory

OWC 240GB Mercury Electra 6G SSD 2.5" Serial-ATA 7mm Solid State Drive

I have other peripherals but don't have anything else installed but the above.

Problem: After a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the SSD using SATA connection, on reboot, the drive becomes unresponsive and does not boot into windows.

Steps to resolve:

I appreciate any help, To help with the process I've followed @Greg Carmack's list of things to do from nearly every reply that is even remotely close to my issue.

My SSD is in the boot menu

My SSD is UEFI Formatted

My USB Drive is Windows 10 Pro/Home

I've booted with 1 stick of RAM, with 2, and changing positions.

I have no fast boot options selected in my BIOS

Currently using AHCI, UEFI is enabled, and CSM is disabled.

I have cleared the BIOS just for funsies.

I have an older GTX 660 Graphics card that I popped in there just to see and got the same result.

Continue reading...

Back