Windows 10 After the latest round of update, Windows 10 keeps popping up a prompt to sign in and I do not know what I am signing into.

• Thread starter Thread starter Bijan Ghofranian
  • Start date Start date
B

Bijan Ghofranian

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]After the most recent FORCED update of Windows 10, I logged to my laptop and immediately another prompt popped up asking me to log in!!!

I wondered why I was getting this prompt since I had not initiated anything that requires a login. So, I tried to close the window prompt... But interestingly, the prompt popped right back up again and again until I killed the process from the task manager. The same happened after the next reboot, I got the same stupid prompt again without any explanation, text, caption as to what I was logging into, what service, what company and why I was getting this. I wondered if this was to log into Microsoft... But Microsoft what? I have access to many services and the userID and PWs are not shared across them for security reasons. So, I did not want to try using my user ID and PW to get the prompt to go away, because theoretically a hacker can infect your machine by showing a similar prompt and steal your User ID and PW. Anyhow, I did not try to login and searched how to stop this stupid behavior and below is the solution:
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Solution[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]: To stop this cynical [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Windows 10[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)] from prompting you to login do the following:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]1. From Windows Prompt -> [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Settings[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]2. Go to [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]System [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]3. Go to [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Notification and Actions[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]4. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Uncheck [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]the box "[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Show me the Windows welcome experience[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]...."

Another amazing Stupid things that Microsoft has done is to remove our ability to copy text from various screens... For example I could have copied the text for the checkbox... that I described above... But now, most Microsoft programs prevent us from copying text, all in the name of security, but I call this stupidity. For example when you get an error message with some long text and Guid or with a URL with LinkIDs ***, you can not copy and paste that into your browser. You have to type that... And this Microsoft calls improvement. This is what happens when you lose Bill Gates...
[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back