Windows 10 After upgrading my CPU/MOBO, Windows 10 is no longer activated and will not a find device when I troubleshoot it.

• Thread starter Thread starter Oceansmack
  • Start date Start date
O

Oceansmack

Alright so I was one of the many that upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few years ago and since that time I've reformatted after purchasing new SSDs and such and each time I never had to add an activation number, it always activated after I logged in with my Microsoft account. However, after recently changing my motherboard and cpu, 3 days later it tells me my Windows is not activated. I've tried the troubleshooting options, I even called tech support and that wasn't very helpful. I have no clue where my license is and have never been prompted for it before. Basically I'm asking am I screwed or are the activation servers possibly down?

Side note when I go thru the trouble shooting option and click 'I changed hardware on this device recently' it tells me it can't find a device to activate Windows, it still shows my old mobo/cpu device as well as the new one but won't find either while searching on Windows. It's just strange that I never had any issues before with changing hardware.

Continue reading...

Back