Windows 10 After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen. Keyboard not working either.

• Thread starter Thread starter FionaTurner1
  • Start date Start date
F

FionaTurner1

After running the 1903 Windows update on my Lenovo 90B8 (H30-50 ES) last night the PC is not working. I left it running at 11pm and at 7am this morning it was simply showing the Lenovo logo on a black background. The PC was completely unresponsive if I pressed any keyboard key or clicked the mouse. There was no mouse cursor on the screen.

I turned the PC off and now if I press the start button the PC appears to turn on but goes quiet after only a few seconds and the hard drive light is not flashing. If I press the on/off button when the PC is running it turns off immediately.

The monitor only shows the name Lenovo on a black background.

There is no mouse cursor on the screen and the keyboard is unresponsive - for example pressing the CAPS lock key does not turn on the CAPS lock light. I have tried turning the PC on and off and pressing the F10, ESC and F2 keys during boot up but there is no response from the PC.

The PC is 4 years old and was working perfectly before the message popped-up to tell me to run the update.

5 days ago I bought a new HP monitor which was attached using the HDMI cable. This monitor replaced a smaller HP monitor that was attached using a VGA cable.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Before you suggest anything please note things I have already tried:

• turning on and off several times and holding any of the usual Windows, F2, F10 ESC etc (note that the keyboard apperas to be completely unresponsive.
  • Attaching the old monitor and turning on and off again.
  • Removing all cables to monitor, keyboard, printer and mouse before turning off and back on.

As the PC was working perfectly I can only assume the update has damaged the operating system and may need a rebuild but as the software was already installed on the PC when purchased I do not have any of the Windows info available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back