Windows 10 After windows update (around Oct 15) Windows can not identify wifi card, access internet/networks, or install another update.

• Thread starter Thread starter ArtAguilar1
  • Start date Start date
A

ArtAguilar1

I have tried many troubleshooting fixes, all of which have failed.

1. Uninstall/reinstall wifi drivers. (for specific card and general/generic drivers) I have tried this several way, from the devices manager, running the raw .exe files downloaded from the official Manufactures websites, turning off firewalls and virus protection software, etc.

2. about 2 weeks ago (when it first happened) I had to do a system restore and manually restore all my apps. And even then, windows carried over the bug, but after about 20 minutes if fixed itself, and the wireless adapter was found again.

3. I've run windows network diagnostics/repairs, from the system itself, an external bootable windows install USB, and from CMD.

4. Win+R to run services.msc (and manually enabled/set to auto run on start "WLAN Auto Config"

5. I've run many CMD command to reset/refresh network configs

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter. (successfully ran, but did not resolve)
  • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter. (successfully ran, but did not resolve)
  • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter. (cannot run if the is no media connection)
  • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter. (cannot run if the is no media connection)
  • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter (successfully ran, but did not resolve)
  • netsh wlan show profiles = There is no wireless interface on the system.

The main concern is that I cannot connect to my wifi and log onto work. I am also trying to avoid having to do a system restore, as I do not want to have to reinstall all my applications.

As for the update, I have been stuck on the update:

"2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 based Systems

(KB4577671) - Error 0x800f0986"

I have likewise run many CMD lines to attempt to fix this, which have all failed.

CMDs run:

• dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth (No component store corruption detected)
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth (No component store corruption detected)
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (Completed successfully, but did not resolve issue)
  • sfc /scannow
  • net stop wuauserv
  • net stop cryptSvc
  • net stop bits
  • net stop msiserver
  • Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
  • Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
  • net start wuauserv
  • net start cryptSvc
  • net start bits
  • net start msiserver
  • chkdsk

The Troubleshooter of Windows is not helping anything either.

Continue reading...

Back