Windows 10 Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching.

• Thread starter Thread starter KiloBravoBFE
  • Start date Start date
K

KiloBravoBFE

About two days ago, I noticed that I wasn't able to start Microsoft Teams and Spotify anymore. When starting them, I only saw the loading screen / app for about 3 seconds, after that the app froze and just closed. Re-starting my PC didn't help and when I tried to re-install Teams, the installation program froze and crashed. At that point I noticed that almost every single program would crash on launch. Even the services.msg and Windows Troubleshoot programs crash after just a few seconds. Only certain apps such as Discord, Firefox, Word and for some reason Forza Horizon 4 still work just fine. All troubleshooting methods I could find on the internet (such as sfc /scannow and using DIMS in Command Prompt) did not do anything and updating to Windows Version 20H2 did not do anything either. (Apart from adding the in my opinion awful looking new notifications and map icons.) Are there any more methods I could try to fix my problem? Re-Installing Windows isn't really an option for me, as it really would mean a lot of backing up and re-installing apps and so on, otherwise I would already have tried. Apart from that, the Media Creation Tool (Windows 10 installer) also crashes on launch, so "repairing" Windows using that method does not work either. Just to be clear, I did not do anything special or install any programs during the time it stopped working.

Thanks in Advance.

Continue reading...