Windows 10 Alt + Tab "All Desktops" setting in Windows 10 showing "Only the Desktop I'm using" settings in Multitasking Settings

• Thread starter Thread starter BradCMI
  • Start date Start date
B

BradCMI

There seems to be a glitch with the Multi-Task settings in Windows 10. I have 3 displays - a laptop and 2 external lcd displays connected via hdmi and a display port. One of the external monitors is set as the main display.

When selecting "All desktops" setting on "Pressing Alt+Tab shows windows open on:" it just shows everything open on main display. It should open windows on all 3 displays.

The reason I suspect this is a glitch is because if I choose the "Only the desktop I'm using" setting it produces the same results.

Also the setting "All Desktops" for "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on:" opens windows on all 3 displays, whereas the exact same setting for Alt+Tab only opens on 1 display.

The same thing happens in reverse with the "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on;". When you pick the "Only the desktop I'm using" it shows you windows open on all 3 displays.

I have tried unplugging monitors (in one case it seemed to work briefly) but went back to not working properly.

Is there something I am missing here? It seems like it has not been programmed correctly.

PS I am using a docking station to connect the monitors.

Continue reading...