Windows 10 An error is preventing this slideshow from playing" using windows 10 & log in screen picture

• Thread starter Thread starter YMLeong1609
  • Start date Start date
Y

YMLeong1609

version 1709 win 10, build 16299.248, desktop PC

Background & lockscreen settings

======================

background setting=picture (I selected a picture as background from Pictures folder which is a folder precreated with win10, under libraries main folder)

* previously someone reply to my query that slideshow is not working in win10, thus i have reverted back to picture

lockscreen setting=picture (I select a picture as lockscreen from Pictures folder)

Power & sleep settings

screen timeout settings=NEVER

screen sleep settings=NEVER

screen saver settings=photos (pointed to pictures folder), wait=10mins

slideshow speed=fast, shuffle pictures=tick

What I have tried and never succeed

1) delete the pictures folder from library then restore the library didnt work

2) create another folder under library then copy & paste those pictures

try to set background and lockscreen to use this new folder, didnt work

If screen timeout & screen sleep settings=NEVER why

1) is it having difficulties displaying the pictures (when screen is not active ) and screen saver gets activated?

2) screen timeout & screen sleep=NEVER why is screen saver triggered?

3) does "slideshow" error message refers to the slideshow effect for screen saver coz background and lockscreen are using picture

======================================================

Login screen picture showing MS spotlight picture

======================================================

I have chosen the locked screen picture, but on startup of PC it will show a picture from the picture folder which i have chosen, but sometimes a picture from MS spotlight series as picture that appears on login screen is NOT from the pictures folder and I didnt chose to apply windows template. This particular picture was the defaulted login screen picture since PC was first delivered BEFORE any customisation was done. This only happens sometimes and not always

Continue reading...

Back