Windows 10 'Application Microsoft Windows Operating System has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware'

• Thread starter Thread starter ZurkaSir
  • Start date Start date
Z

ZurkaSir

Alienware computer
Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.900
8GB of RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ @ 2.50GHz

Nvidia GeForce 860M

For the last 3 days anytime I run any game it siezes up, freezes, then crashes. Today the game crashed but I finally got an error message.

Roughly 60 error messages with 'Application Microsoft Windows Operating System has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware' popped up at once in my notification area.

After each crash I have to restart Windows explorer
I have tried Maintenance troubleshooting, nothing was found.
I scanned using sfc /scannow, nothing was found.

I followed a previous solution of editing a registry using TDR checker, nothing has changed.
*I found a suggestion to go into device manager and disable Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. I did so and now instead of everything crashing all open windows become fully blacked out and the game I was testing went fully white. I still had to restart Windows explorer.

I am open to any suggestions. I have tried everything possible solution I have found. The most common are driver installations, DISM, and restoring windows to back to a previous point. I have tried all of these multiple times in multiple ways nothing has had any effect. So far this crashing seems to be limited to only video games. Watching videos online or through a disc doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Continue reading...

Back