Windows 10 Apps return to main monitor after waking up PC

• Thread starter Thread starter KayYassine
  • Start date Start date
K

KayYassine

I recently purchased Samsung C32H711 (1440p) to go along with my LG 27EA31 (1080p) and Ive had this problem since.

Whenever I wake my PC from stand by, or after the monitors go to sleep from inactivity (locking account or just not using it, going AFK); once the monitors turn on again or my PC wakes up and logging back on, my apps on my second monitor automatically come back to the main monitor (Samsung) and the second monitor (LG) just shows the desktop and task bar. I constantly have to drag the apps back to the second one and rearrange them.

This is very frustrating when I have a bunch of apps stacked and I have to rearrange them.

I've tried many fixes that ive found online of this site as well as others and still haven't found a fix. I've bought 5 different cables thinking its my cables, nothing.

Things ive tried:

- Editing the registry and deleting the Configuration folder under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

- Tried messing with the display scaling settings

- Used DDU to remove everything GPU driver related and reinstalled the GPU drivers

- Used the CMD and Powershell commands to verify/repair and missing/broken Windows files

- Swapped the main desktop option from the primary display (Sam) to the second display (LG) and the same thing occurs but the apps go back to the new primary (LG). Doesnt matter which is the primary display, they always go back to the main one.

- Swapped GPU ports (I have 4x DP and 1x HDMI)

Ive officially run out of ideas and I think this is a Windows issue. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Hardware:

- AMD FX 8350

- AMD Vega 64 8GB

- Kingston 32GB DDR3

- Kingston HyperX 500GB SSD

- Samsung C32H711 (1440p, Main Monitor)

- LG 27EA31 (1080p, Second Monitor)

Continue reading...

Back