Windows 8 Asus Black Screen (no fan or hard disc running but the power is on)

• Thread starter Thread starter Vladislava Xian AiLing
  • Start date Start date
V

Vladislava Xian AiLing

Hello,

Recently one of my family members came across a problem with their Asus laptop (K55VD series). As I was there at the moment it happened I can confirm that the following is in fact true;

So, it began as a normal thing- an update required but the computer updated on its' own. Not that it has not given me the notification that I had to get an update. Since the update has not been done for quite a while. (also mind the fact that immediately after updating the problem occurred)

What is the most strange thing is that yes- it DOES switches on- the light is on, which of course indicates that it has turned on. But I cannot switch it off no matter how many times I try to unless I got the battery out of the computer. What is even more bizarre, only then does it switches off. Further on, I can switch it on but not off. (also no matter how long I wait, the hard drive nor the fan can be heard working- even though so many tutorials show that it at most takes 7 seconds for the fan and the hard disc to turn on, but that does not work.)

Several times I tried pressing the 'Function' button and brightening the screen as several articles on the Asus black screen issues,( as well as I tried pressing the power button and f2 button, AND pressing f11 button non stop), all of them turned out to have the cursor showing- nothing like the problem I have currently.

Again, I have tried fixing the issue pressing all the possible buttons there are- even tried searching it up- but I have not even seen a topic on a discussion of the model the same with family members' laptop.

Whether it is the laptop malfunction or the update problems which occur- I am really not sure. The other thing I can't really help explain is that I do not remember the update name.

Thank you!

Continue reading...