Windows 10 Asus laptop screen brightness/nightlight won't change after enabling then disabling HDR settings

• Thread starter Thread starter HDisley
  • Start date Start date
H

HDisley

Yesterday I was trying to make the colours on my screen look brighter so I turned on the HDR colour setting, adjusted it, realized it wasn't going to brighten up the colours then disabled it again. Then when I turned on my laptop this morning I tried to turn down the brightness and it won't adjust at all.

I tried manually locating and updating drivers, adjusting it in the power settings, adjusting from the Graphics Properties menu, reset my laptop, messed with the nightlight. Then I tried to go back and try adjusting the HDR settings again and the little slider disappeared! I even have a game on steam (Car Mechanic Simulator 2018) that saves it own brightness setting and will override what ever I had it set to normally, and it STILL won't change!

I'd rather not reinstall Windows and I've already done a full reinstall twice ( the first of which needed to be done because I downloaded some nostalgic gamecube games) and one repair install since I bought this computer one year ago.

Here are my specs:

Device name DESKTOP-8Q40NFR

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)

Device ID *****************************************

Product ID 00325-**********-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎2020-‎12-‎02

OS build 19042.685

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Here's pictures of my lack of a slider button.

Thanks everyone

Continue reading...

Back