Windows 10 Asus PCE AC68 suddenly stopped working and unable to connect on computer operating on Windows 10 update 2004

• Thread starter Thread starter boilermaker73
  • Start date Start date
B

boilermaker73

I had been working on this connectivity issue for two days when I was fortunate enough to find the resolve in a post made back in 2017 by screen name klabel012. After exhausting every possible solution offered online from checking my network adapter/Wi-Fi card, driver, windows troubleshooter, you name it, I tried everything leaving no stone unturned. As all my other devices worked/connected to the internet without problem, after the time I had spent checking everything out, the only logical conclusion pointed to the windows updates made over the past month or two that must have done something to prevent my Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac wifi card to suddenly stop working in which event I was no longer able to connect to the internet on my desktop computer. Fortunately, the resolve provided by klabel012 back in 2017 worked like a charm. As I am well versed in building/refurbishing desktop and laptop computers in which event I can usually find the solution to most problems, this one had me stumped in which event I hate to admit that I don't believe I would have ever been able to figure this one out by myself, a first in all my years working with computers. Sorry for the long dissertation. However since the previous post was closed, I wanted to personally thank 'klabel012' for the solution provided back in 2017. I only wish I could communicate directly to tell him/her. Anyway for anyone running into the same situation the resolve provided by klabel012 was as follows: 'Hit windows button and R. Then type msconfig. Go to boot tab. then click advanced options. then look for pci lock on the left side. check that box. It then asks to restart. It worked immediately.' It worked like a charm! To think that not even MS was able to provide the answer to this issue is inexcusable since I have no doubt they're updates cause problems like this to begin with. While I cannot say enough about the solution provided by klabel012's brother, he must have been in a class of his own as a former computer tech. I only wish I knew what MS update is responsible and how the heck klabel's brother figured this one out. Last but not least if klabel happens to read this, he/she may contact me at my website email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Once again, I cannot thank you enough for the solution to this problem.

Continue reading...

Back