Windows 10 Audio becoming out of sync. need help

• Thread starter Thread starter dominic james
  • Start date Start date
D

dominic james

I am not sure when exactly this started happening..but iv had to put of with it for a long time now..and im without a fix. asked for help on a number of foruums with and a few discord channels with no luck..so maybe i can get some helpe here. on to the problem.

for whatever reason.. my audio will become out of sync when playing videos. tested in vlc player. windows player. it also happens in web browsers on video related content like youtube etc. tried on windows edge,firefox and brave. same issue presists. also it is identifiable by a slight crack or pop like sound during playback. eventualy making the audio become out of sync. pausing and resuming the video fixes it untill this pop and crack happens again causing the problem all over again, This pop and crackel sound is also present in games aswell. but audio does not become out of sync. I have tried changing different sample rates. it seems to happen mostly at 32bit sample rates. purticuley at 19000hz but it happens on all. changing the sample rate seems to fix it for a time but eventully the problem comes back again..Its driving me insane and i really want to get to the bottom of this.. I dunno what to do other then list my system specs.

CPU i7 7700k

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS IX

Ram: 2x8 Gskill Trident RGB 3200mhz

Gpu: GTX 1080ti EVGA KIngpin

Audio: Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System.

Nvidia driver: 461.09

Driver type: DCH

windows drive Samsung EVO 840 250gb

storage drive Samsung EVO 860EVO 1tb/500gb

windows info

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.746
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Continue reading...