Windows 10 audio devices not working or only working selectively and I do not know why.

• Thread starter Thread starter TacoGardevoir
  • Start date Start date
T

TacoGardevoir

recently I've been having issues where my headset, built in laptop speakers, second monitor speakers, and Bluetooth headset are all either completely unable to have any sounds from my computer except discord come through them. If I do get one of the options working, all other completely cease or work, and neither the headset or the built in laptop speakers seem to work at all. I know it isn't an issue of connection as the computer registers all the extra devices and the laptop speakers in audio devices, and the indicator goes up and down showing that the mics work. I tested them on other systems and they work fine. As I said before, the only source of audio I can get to go through any of these sources is discord when directly swapping the input and output sources, however no sound can be heard from literally anything no matter what I do.

I am on windows 10 with what I assume is the most up to date stuff. I have had issues of sound not going through headphones, however the same solution did not fix the problem this time.

Until yesterday my audio worked fine, swapping to my laptop speakers if I disconnected headphones, and reconnecting flawlessly. I did not change anything until things just started not working mid use. what are some things I can check to try and fix this problem and where do I find them?

Continue reading...