Windows 10 Audio jack is not working on Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Ferie80
  • Start date Start date
F

Ferie80

This seems a common problem that is ongoing for ages now, as there are many questions about it but no one of those is solving the issue and apparently MS is not caring about it.

The issue is basically the same as those questions:

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-jack-information-found/08099d02-d303-4b4c-a123-3784cbaf3bc7

- No jack information available? my mike of headphone not working on pc but same headphone work on other pc?

- No jack information available for Virtual Audio Softwares

- Audio Not Working (No Jack Information.

- Audio Not Working (No Jack Information.

I find that "No Audio jack" in the setting like many users as already found.

None of the solution provided in those and many other questions is fixing the issue.

The only "temporary solution" is to restart the machine and having the headphones already plugged in before the restart, then the audio is redirected to those. BUT, as soon as I unplug the headphones and replug them, the sound does not change back to the headphones and stays on the main audio speakers.

As you can immagine restart every time there is the need to plug in the headphones, is quite annoying.

Note that:

- the machine is new, drivers are all up to date and without conflicts

- I have connected another pair of bluetooth headphones and those are working correctly every time I connect them;

- in the Control Panel Sound menu the options available are "Speakers/Headphones" and the bluetooth headphones;

- the only option I have available in the "Sound setting" is Speakers/headphones (Realtek(r) Audio)", apart from when I have the other bluetooth headphones connected;

- "Manage sound devices" shows again only the "Speakers/Headphones", no default Headphones

- the disabled options are all regarding the WH-1000XM3 headphones that are the bluetooth ones that I am using (and that I am switching with the normal ones when those are charging). If I enable the Headphones and the Headset options, they are gone hidden and the Sound setting and the Control Panel Sound menu are changing like in the following pictures:

- the audio jack is not recognised in any case if I put different headphones or headsets or earphones or any other type of external speakers: all of them are only working if I am using the "Temporary solution" (restarting the machine with the audio jack already plugged in).

All the above, suggests me that is not a hardware problem, but software: it is like the OS, Windows 10, is not recognising that something has been plugged in into the audio jack. In Windows 7, every time I plugged in something into the audio jack, I receive an popup alert about that and the headphones (speakers, earphones, headsets) are working correctly.

Continue reading...