Windows 7 Audio Not Playing on My TV When I Connect My Laptop to It To Project a Video With Sound Onto the Big Screen

• Thread starter Thread starter Ms. Natalie
  • Start date Start date
M

Ms. Natalie

Dear Friend,

I have been connecting a HP laptop running Windows 7 to a flat-screen Samsung High Definition TV which has the model number UN55KU700DFXZA. I have then been using that connection to project a video that had been playing on my laptop's built-in monitor onto the big screen, by using a HDMI cable. Both my laptop and my TV have a HDMI port. Yet, although the video has been playing fine on my TV screen, I have been unable to hear the video's audio out of the television's built-in speakers. In fact, I have only been hearing it out of the laptop computer's built-in speakers. Is that because I have not installed a driver for my TV in my laptop? Would the firmware that is available in the following Samsung product support page be the correct driver for me to install on my Windows 7 laptop computer in order to solve this problem by getting my laptop to recognize that the second monitor that I am connecting it to is a TV with built-in speakers?

Samsung's Product Support Page for My TV: 2016 UHD Smart TV (KU700D) | Owner Information & Support | Samsung US

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Natalie

Continue reading...

Back