Windows 10 Audio problems after updating to windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Shaterhand
  • Start date Start date
S

Shaterhand

Hello there , I have a huge problem with audio and I haven't been able to fix it since 2 weeks. I was using windows 8.1 Pro and it was working good. I've decided to update to windows 10 cuz I liked it and the other features. I've updated to windows 10 Pro through the normal update procedure and after that I've been experiencing sound crackling problems ever since. I've tried refreshing the windows 10 and complete reinstal , nothing worked.
I did google a bit and I found out that windows create a system reserved partitions and on windows 8.1 its 350 MB and windows 10 its 500 MB. Since all my hard disk space was already alocated somehow after updating to windows 10 it still managed to create a 500 MB parition from out of nowhere. At that time I had 2 system reserved partitions the 350MB and 500MB. So I tought my problem might be related to that , having 2 system reserved paritions might bug out or something so I clean reinstaled by formating my whole drive. I instaled windows 10 by fullfy formating my drive but still I had audio issues.

Then I tought might be the windows 10 itself , might not be compabtile with my PC , after all my componets are pretty old. So I clean format my disk again and instaled windows 8.1 back. Still the same problem.......... might be even worse , I think the cracking noise is even more frequent that it was on windows 10. Yes I tried more headsets , still the same story.

I've tried multiple Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver versions but still the same story. Tbh back in the days when I used to reinstall my windows 8.1 when it was time , i only did that by the refresh option and after every refresh I did , I would only install the AMD driver for graphic card and nothing else , no other driver and it was working fine. Now I installed 2 applications DriverHub and EasyDrive and I've updated all my drivers , both of the app says that all my drivers all up to date , still the same problem. Driverhub has 1 exception , I dunno why but when it comes to the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver it saw that my current driver from 2019 its out-dated and the new driver that it recomends me its a driver from 2007. I have no clue what to make of that. I tried installing that driver from 2007 but it didnt worked at all , I had no internet.

I've used this program called LatecyMon to pinpoint my audio problem on both windows 8.1 and windows 10. I've set my PC for high performance when it comes to power because of it , still didnt help. On windows 10 latecymon would usualy detect that some drivers have really high execution time , even 4-5 seconds , especialy the Network Interface adapter or whatever its called. But on windows 8.1 , all seems okay , sometimes it goes to 1 second but its a clear diff when it comes from all driver execution time from windows 10 to windows 8.1.

I dunno I've tried everything and I am so pissed I can't make it work again , I spend a lot of hours on Discord with my friends and hearing crackling noise all the time when they talk its so annoying , I can't stand it.

I can updatae my bios but on the manufracter site there is only 2 versions of bios GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global , the F1 is curently what I have now and the F2j one its says beta so I dunno if I should even risk updating my bios , I dont think it would solve my audio problem might even cause more and especialy when it was working fine prior to updating to windows 10.

Could the update from windows 10 basicly somehow permanetly damage my hard drive when it tried to create that 500MB system reserved parition while all my space was already alocated ? Or does windows 10 changes anything in the BIOS ? These are the only problems I could think of that its causing my audio problem , cuz rolling back to Windows 8.1 with a clean format on the hard drive should have solved my problem. By formating and also deleting all the paritions I've had in that drive there shouldnt be any trace left of windows 10 , cuz it all started after I updated to windows 10.

I have 2 Hard drivers , same model but one its like 6 years old and the other one is newer like 2 years or so. I can try instal the windows on the new one but I have doubts that would fix my problem since prior to updating to windows 10 , my windows 8.1 was installed on that the old drive and it was working fine.

As a side note , the windows 8.1that was working fine before udpating to windows 10 , it was an older version of windows , it was the one I installed years ago when I've made my PC.
The one I have now its the latest one , the one available to be downloaed from the microsoft site.

Please help

LatencyMoon Report

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:24:36 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: SHATERHAND

OS version: Windows 8.1 , 6.3, build: 9600 (x64)

Hardware: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 970A-DS3P

CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

Logical processors: 8

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 8156 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 3516 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 1329.289058

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 14.241511

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 756.800096

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4.284582

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 205.091013

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ataport.SYS - ATAPI Driver Extension, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.006128

Driver with highest ISR total time: ataport.SYS - ATAPI Driver Extension, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.008028

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 162690

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 649.566837

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.068546

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.091934

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2122226

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 3

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 3277

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 792

Number of processes hit: 12

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 83.218557

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 75.480375

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.220874

CPU 0 ISR count: 39653

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 649.566837

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 9.065001

CPU 0 DPC count: 1934069

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 37.196780

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 65.444824

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.039872

CPU 1 ISR count: 6934

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 122.703925

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.091809

CPU 1 DPC count: 9016

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 23.791581

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 69.757395

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.258595

CPU 2 ISR count: 43718

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 171.137372

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.607842

CPU 2 DPC count: 65601

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 31.679204

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 205.091013

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.046464

CPU 3 ISR count: 7900

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 157.906143

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.103077

CPU 3 DPC count: 10336

CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 22.937371

CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 65.450796

CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.119387

CPU 4 ISR count: 20754

CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 177.764221

CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.376446

CPU 4 DPC count: 45307

CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 31.877525

CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 63.557736

CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.040624

CPU 5 ISR count: 6946

CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 186.867747

CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.093883

CPU 5 DPC count: 9099

CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 21.759378

CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 41.803754

CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.087356

CPU 6 ISR count: 14759

CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 183.714448

CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.206067

CPU 6 DPC count: 21110

CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 34.284873

CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 82.319397

CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.135389

CPU 7 ISR count: 22026

CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 637.647895

CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.318163

CPU 7 DPC count: 27691

Continue reading...

Back