Windows 10 Audio Stuttering and sometimes cutting out completely when using headphones that are connected to xbox one controller that is connected to pc via usb

• Thread starter Thread starter SoulEater5674
  • Start date Start date
S

SoulEater5674

When I'm using my headphones that are connected to my Xbox one controller that is plugged into the USB port on my pc, when I'm on YouTube sometimes the audio starts to stutter, and then sometimes it will stutter followed by static noises that slowly go away, and the worst of it is when it stutters and then it cuts out all audio. I noticed that if I'm watching a video or playing a game and the audio cuts out the video or game will freeze but as soon as I unplug the adapter from the controller, it unfreezes and the audio gets fixed. Some other info is yes I'm using the headset adapter so my headset is not plugged directly into my controller. This issue started happening randomly out of no where so I'm not sure what causes it but its very frustrating having to unplug the adapter and plug it in and its annoying hearing the audio start to stutter when I'm listening to music. The fixes I've tried is disabling audio enhancements, updating the controller firmware, restarting the computer and trying different USB ports.

Continue reading...

Back