Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in start menu

• Thread starter Thread starter alexbroadfoot
  • Start date Start date
A

alexbroadfoot

All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I can only sometimes get into the sub-menu and once I'm in said menu it will continue scrolling to the top. This also happens if I go into windows settings but not file explorer or any other programs. I've tried disabling and re-enabling my mouse and keyboard and restarting but nothing has fixed the problem

i do the below answer on an old post this fixes it but only for a few days then it comes back no idea why,

SarahKong
This maybe an issue with a system file being corrupt.
You can try a couple things.

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
Restart the computer.

If that doesn't work then try this,

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands.
Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.
To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
Restart your computer.

Thanks for your feedback.

Continue reading...