Windows 10 Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys after sleep mode.

• Thread starter Thread starter SpeedKing71506
  • Start date Start date
S

SpeedKing71506

I have an HP Envy x360 laptop and I only just received it about a couple of months ago. I had this issue since the day I received the laptop, but I finally got the time to discuss this. When I close the lid, it goes to sleep mode. However, whenever I open it back up after like a few minutes of not using it and attempt to use the backlit keyboard button, they don't light up at all. Also when I go try to type some things like on the internet, for example, I see that some of the keys and letters don't even respond for about a second and respond right after I press it a couple of times. It's not just me having a weird feeling, it's actually an issue that is a problem with this laptop whenever I open it back up after sleep mode. I even tested this by just pressing on a single letter and the space bar back and forth both repeatedly. For example, like "a a a a a a a a". I did this a little slow and I immediately saw that it didn't register the space bar after a few seconds. I know I didn't miss it because I was looking down at my keyboard making sure that I'm doing the right process, and I timed it all correctly. I did some keyboard diagnostic tests and apparently that they all still work. But the issue of a couple of second key delays and the backlit keyboard, not lighting still persists. However, when I changed the power options settings in the control panel to hibernate and closed the lid and opened the lid a few minutes later, the backlit keyboard finally works and so as the keyboard itself. There was no delay between each key I pressed on. I even did this multiple times, and all of them still work. I did the same for the sleep mode and the problem still continued. I also did this for shut down and restart mode, and both of them worked. It seems like it's just like a sleep mode problem with mine. I wanna know if this is just me or is there a problem that people are also having and also need a solution?

Continue reading...

Back