Windows 10 Battery draining 1% per minute. powercfg /spr shows "Unkonwn [None]" consumed almost all of it. How to solve this?

• Thread starter Thread starter BikramAgarwal
  • Start date Start date
B

BikramAgarwal

CONFIGURATION

Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 17.3" 144Hz GSync, RTX 2080MQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 10, v1909 (Build 18363.815)

Hybrid Mode: On​
Rapid Charge: Off​
Thermal Mode: Balanced​
Windows Power Plan: Balanced​
Battery Design Capacity: 76.46 Wh​
Full charge Capacity (on 11th May 2020): 75.3 Wh​
Cycle count (on 11th May 2020): 48​

Windows 10 is up-to-date, BIOS is up-to-date, all drivers are up-to-date (as per Lenovo Vantage).

I have only 5 items in startup (lenovo utility, icue, onedrive, windows defender, phrase express).

Lenovo Vantage still says "The battery is in Good condition."

I got this laptop on 7th Jan 2020 and have been caring for it like a baby.

ISSUE

This laptop used to run ~3-4 hours on a fully charged battery. But since last two weeks, it is draining at 1% every minute, even when it is sitting completely idle, with no apps open in taskbar.

TROUBLESHOOTING

Booted up the laptop. It has 100% charge. Disconnected the laptop from power source and left it alone.

Kept moving the mouse cursor every few minutes so that laptop doesn't go into sleep mode.

Laptop lost ~80% battery in ~80 minutes.

I checked windows settings > system > battery > "See which apps are affecting your battery life". That says Windows Explorer consumed 84% of the battery!!

I then ran powercfg /spr and the generated report shows Explorer is only the 3rd highest consumer. Some "Unknown [NONE]" app has drained most of the battery and most of it went in "Loss".

I ran sfc /scannow and it "did not find any integrity violations."
I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and that too completed without any error.
I ran full system scan using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I also used Windows Defender offline scan. None of them found any threats.

And yet, my system is still draining at 1% per minute, when on battery.

HELP ME TO

Please help me identifying this "Unknown [None]" app. Or what is causing this battery drain?

Please help me fix this issue.

Continue reading...

Back