Windows 10 Battery Light - Blinking Orange (1 sec On/1 sec Off) | Battery @ 100% Fully Charged | Laptop will only turn on plugged in | Help?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anon Acct
  • Start date Start date
A

Anon Acct

Good day!

Battery light is blinking orange (1 sec on/1 sec off) and as per the battery notif in the taskbar it is currently at 100% fully charged but when I unplug the ac it automatically shuts down. The laptop will not turn on unless it is connected to the ac. Laptop is an Acer | Aspire E5-473, OS Windows 10 Home.

TS done:

Pushed the battery reset (?) at the back of laptop for 5secs and waited 15mins before plugging it in and turned it on = same issue.

Device manager > batteries > update drivers for both MS Adapter and ACPI > The best drivers are already installed message

Command prompt admin > battery report >results below:

MANUFACTURERSANYO
CHEMISTRYLion
DESIGN CAPACITY37,000 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY6,971 mWh
CYCLE COUNT-

Also downloaded the Battery Info Zip file from NirSoft and results are:

Description Value

Power State AC Power

Current Capacity (in %) 100.0%

Current Capacity Value 6,971 mWh

Full Charged Capacity 6,971 mWh

Designed Capacity 37,000 mWh

Battery Health 18.8%

Voltage 16,048 millivolts

Charge/Discharge Rate 0 milliwatts

Chemistry Lithium Ion

Low Battery Capacity (1) 178 mWh

Low Battery Capacity (2) 592 mWh

Also for suggestions to uninstall battery drivers, I am hesitant to do so because usually the instructions are to remove the battery after and mine is not removable so I'm afraid it will not install back and cause more issues.

Does this mean the battery laptop is dead and needs replacement? If it is, because of COVID restrictions in my area I will be unable to get a replacement asap so will my laptop burn out if I connect it to the ac for now? I'm scared if it's a fire hazard to keep it plugged in while the battery is whatever it is.

Also FYI I had a previous issue with my ac cord a few months back, it sometimes will not charge/charge depending on the position of the cord near the charging port in the laptop. Is there a possibility the cord is the problem again?

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back