Windows 10 Battery seems to be going bad in a 3 month old computer

• Thread starter Thread starter TheoSchmenk
  • Start date Start date
T

TheoSchmenk

I purchased an MSI PS63 from Microsoft sometime early July this summer. I use it for gaming as well as for school. Besides constant battery issues, I love the computer. When I am gaming, I obviously don't expect the battery to give me much more battery than an hour, so I just want to clear up that battery life during gaming IS NOT what I am talking about.

The computer was advertised as getting 16hrs of battery life and although I know thats very optimistic I figured I could at least realistically look to get 8 hours out of it when I am just browsing the internet and opening word documents for school notes. This hasn't been the case at all. At a full charge, I am lucky to get 2 to 2 1/2hrs out of my laptop, using the better battery setting as well, which has been disappointing, to say the least.

So, I ran a diagnostic about a month ago and my full charge capacity was 80,256 mWh which is the designed capacity so I figured the problem was on my end but, just this morning after watching a YouTube video and watching my battery plummet 10% I ran a diagnostic again and discovered that my full charge capacity is now just 71,400 mWh which is a nearly 13% drop from the maximum capacity! Is this normal for a laptop this new? Not getting any battery is making me SO frustrated because I bought this laptop specifically because it was marketed as having a good battery.

So, Microsoft community, is this my fault, is this normal for this computer with an advertised 16hrs of battery life or is there something wrong with my computer/battery?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back