Windows 10 Bitlocker and “Allow my organisation to manage my device" on Teams login

• Thread starter Thread starter AJP_850
  • Start date Start date
A

AJP_850

Hi,

Today I carelessly didn't uncheck the "allow my organisation to manage this device" on the Teams login, and I now need to understand what damage has been done and how to repair it. I can see two things:

- A work and school account was created. This has been discussed elsewhere and can be removed.

- I didn't see any reference to this. My BitLocker keys were uploaded and are now stored on their systems. I saw them in the Office portal and I found this:

Finding your BitLocker recovery key in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

“ If your device was ever signed in to an organization using a work or school email account, your recovery key may be stored in that organization's Azure AD accountassociated with your device. You may be able to access it directly or you may need to contact a system administrator to access your recovery key.”

There is no way I can remove that key from their system myself. It's essentially the password to my hard drive and it's not something I want to share any more than I want to share the password for my personal email with them.

A few questions:

1. Are there any other changes I need to be aware of?

2. What can they do with my Bitlocker key?

3. Can I change the Bitlocker key without having to decrypt / encrypt the entire hard drive?

4. If I do change the Bitlocker key, will the new one be uploaded again?

Continue reading...