Windows 10 Bitlocker Encryption Error

• Thread starter Thread starter jamaltariq
  • Start date Start date
J

jamaltariq

Hello there

I have a external seagate usb hardisk drive which have 1TB storage space. The thing is i enabled bitlocker encryption on it and it was working perfectly, about two days ago i got the error that the disk structure is croupted and its not accessible anymore. Normally when this happens on my other usb drives i use CHKDSK command and it fixes the index files remove errors and fixes the structure of the disk and it works again normally. But in this case there was a bitlocker encryption on it and now the drive is considered as a RAW drive and CHKDSK isn't applicable on it.

I tried various options available at the forms but after a research i got a manage-bde -status command and it shows that my drive doesn't have the bitlocker encrypytion even tho it had the bitlocker encryption. I know the password for the bitlocker aswell. But this command says that there is not bitlocker encryption on it and i still cant use CHKDSK command on it. Is there any way to safely get my data from this drive. I know there is one more way to fix this drive is to format it and it will work fine again, But i need my personal data which is stored in it. So if there is any way to get the data please kindly let me know as i don't think that the third party softwares will be able to recover it.

Thanks!

Continue reading...