Windows 10 Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro

• Thread starter Thread starter rik070
  • Start date Start date
R

rik070

I updated my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro so that I could use bitlocker. I have an ASUS laptop without a TPM and 2 harddisks. Each harddisk is partioned with 2 partations which give me the drives C;, D:, E: and F:. The Windows system is installed on drive C:. Hyper-V is enabled as well.

I wanted to enable bitlocker on all drives and started with drive C:. Since there is not TPM, the policy was changed with gpedit to allow bitlocker to be used without TPM but with password.

After turning on bitlocker on drive C:, the system asked for a password. I created a recover file on both a local disk and a USB-drive.

No the system told me it would restart and check the recovery method before encrypting the C-drive. It did restarted and asked for the password to unlock the drive. However, it keeps telling me that it can't unlock the drive with the password supplied. If I supply another password, I get the message that the password is wrong.

If I try recovering using the recovery password, I also get the message that the drive can't be unlocked. Reading the recovery files does not work either. I get the message that it can't read the recovery file.

Ask a consequence, I can't use the laptop anymore. Resetting the PC using the repair functions that start when booting the machine does not work either.

How can this problem get solved ? This is really bad behavior of Windows 10 Pro.

Continue reading...

Back