Windows 10 BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD

• Thread starter Thread starter pumpscrap
  • Start date Start date
P

pumpscrap

I have been fighting my Dell laptop with a slow internet speed test results for weeks now.

Dell support was at the point where they requested a reinstallation of windows. I was not interested in this option as this was a fairly fresh load.

Using my iPhone (cellular disabled) or another laptop (10 Y/O Macbook Pro) over wifi I consistently speed test over 100Mbps, however, the Dell XPS would not get over 40 Mbps and on certain networks would hang around 10 Mbps.

I tested this on several different networks and had similar results, old computers / iPhone over 100 Mbps - dell XPS @ 10-40 Mbps.

I tried to get into safe mode but could not get past bit locker for some reason. I went back into windows and decrypted the SSD (turned off BitLocker) and IMMEDIATELY the speed tests (fast.com) were showing consistent results @ 100 Mpbs +

I am not overly concerned about the contents of the hard drive however would prefer to keep BitLocker running - ANY suggestions on what may be the underlying issue?

Win10 PRO, Dell XPS 9365, 16GB Ram, 1TB 970EVO M.2 NVME Drive | Standard Business software (MS Office, SAP, Chrome).

The performance of the computer using the network (wired or wireless) is significantly better now with BitLocker disabled.

Continue reading...

Back