Windows 10 Blue Screens of Death - Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter ErykJohnson
  • Start date Start date
E

ErykJohnson

Hello,

I have been encountering blue screens of death resulting in various stop codes for several months now. It got so bad that I just stopped using my PC for awhile until recently. I took out my graphics card and used onboard graphics to see if it was the graphics card, the problems persisted. I completely wiped my hard drives and did a fresh install of Windows 10 in case Windows files or NVIDIA drivers were corrupted, the blue screens persisted.

I took the desktop to a repair place twice for a free diagnostic. The first time, he thought it was possibly the graphics card because a cord from the CPU cooler had been pressing down on it and possibly bent some of the prongs. The second time I brought it in, it seemed like the graphics card PCI slot was not working and that one or two of the RAM slots were not working. I have replaced the motherboard and CPU cooler since those visits to the shop.

I just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (after installing new MB and CPU cooler and getting things running), it says that "Hardware Problems were detected... you will need to contact the computer manufacturer..." and before it finished it came up with a screen that said "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. An unexpected error has occurred. Error code: 0xc0000023."

Other common error codes I've gotten:

Stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

For the most recent crashes, I went into the Event Logs and found these under System:

Error Source: Ntfs (Ntfs) Event ID: 55

Warning Source: DistributedCOM Event ID: 10016 (this warning/error shows up several times)

Error Source: Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs) Event ID: 98 (this warning also shows up several times)

Link to two most recent Mini Dump files: ErykJohnsonMiniDumps.zip

PC Specs

Motherboard: MSI Z270-A Pro (I just replaced my previous MB with this one today, problems still present)

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB sticks) Corsair Vengeance LPX Series 3.0 GHz DDR4

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG Strix OC Edition (latest drivers are installed)

CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7700K

Hard drives: I have two Western Digital Blue 1TB hard drives

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular

CPU Cooler: I did have Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler, but I just replaced it with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Tower: Cooler Master MCY-B5P2-KWGN-01 Masterbox Pro 5 ATX Mid-Tower

My next best guesses are that one or both of the RAM sticks need replaced or one or both the hard drives are faulty.

Thanks in advance for the help and let me know if you need further information.

Continue reading...