Windows 10 Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

• Thread starter Thread starter CiprianIvanoiu
  • Start date Start date
C

CiprianIvanoiu

So I've been getting seemingly random BSoDs for the past week or so, 4-5 times a day.

Blue Screen Viewer says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the most common error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but there are also others like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

The reason I think it's my Blue Yeti microphone is because in the Event Viewer utility, every time a critical error occurs, there is a warning just a few seconds before (5-6 seconds) and it includes this:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\8&1fe54f63&0&0001.

I googled it and arrived here USB\VID_B58E - Blue Microphones | Device KB That's how I identified the problem device.

I don't really know what to do considering that the Blue Yeti uses the default microsoft drivers.

What I've tried:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling in device manager
  • Updating motherboard bios
  • Changing RAM sticks
  • Switching between USB slots (I tried 2 directly on the motherboard and one on the PC case)
  • Completely formatting my SSD and reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows 10
  • Updating all my drivers (audio, lan, wireless, bluetooth, amd chipset, video, etc)

My specs:

• Ryzen 3700x CPU
  • Nvidia RTX 2080S
  • 16GB 3200Mhz RAM
  • Corsair 750W Gold PSU
  • ASUS TUF B450M Plus Motherboard
  • Samsung SSD EVO M.2 500GB

Right now I'm running my PC without the microphone plugged in and it seems stable.

Continue reading...

Back