Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver Problem 0xC00000B7

• Thread starter Thread starter ACALAS
  • Start date Start date
A

ACALAS

Almost a week ago I have some pairing problem with one of my bluetooth headset, I figure it may be the bluetooth driver problem so i uninstalled the driver and try to reinstall it, that's when the nightmare begin.

---

Machine Info:

The PC comes from HP. The model is HP ENVY 700-059c

Sadly they dont even support the drivers anymore, but it's ok I have it saved long time ago.

HP ENVY 700-059c Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The motherboard that hosted the BT chip is MSI MS-7826

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, MS-7826 (Kaili) | HP® Customer Support

The Bluetooth device is Broadcom bcm20702a0

---

1. Initially I installed the trusty driver I always have when I reinstall my PC. It installs, but it just doesnt work. (same error as the one posted below)
  2. So I proceed to uninstalling the driver and let Device Manger to update the driver. Same Error. Not functional.
  3. Try Windows Update, didnt have anything new
  4. Try Go to troubleshoot and select bluetooth troubleshoot. Windows suggest reinstalling driver, still same error.
  5. This is when I start looking at the error. Some online sources say delete the upperfilter and lowerfilter of the bluetooth in REGEDIT . But I dont even have those value in REGEDIT, cannot locate them and hence this method doesnt work.
    Deleting These Registry Values Might Solve Your Device Manager Error
  6. Someone online also mention restarting Bluetooth Support Service in services.msc -- Done that, no use.
  7. I tried a few other random things suggested by youtube, but none of them worked.
  8. Also followed thru this link, which is not quite applicable to me. I dont have flight mode on, and I cannot even turn on or off the BT.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems
  9. Try following some of the instruction of this link but no success. I did not believe I need to reinstall .NET framework for a bluetooth module.
    How to fix 0xc00007b error in Windows 10

The question is... is there anything else I can do before I go and do a fresh install? That's a lot of work and I really loath doing that... Thanks everyone for your kind help.

---

Error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Profiling not started.

---

Device USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21F1\2CD05ACED498 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem55.inf

Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}

Service: BTHUSB

Lower Filters: bcbtums

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0xA

Problem Status: 0xC00000B7

BT Property

Event Viewer:

This is how my Regedit look like for the bluetooth:

Services.msc

Continue reading...