Windows 10 [Bluetooth] Extremely choppy sound after(/during) update

• Thread starter Thread starter causticFrost
  • Start date Start date
C

causticFrost

[Overview]

My bluetooth headset (Drop/THX Panda) started getting a little choppy a few days ago. The headset connects via an Avantree Leaf.

Example: for every 10 seconds of sound, it would only play seconds 1-3 and 5-9. skipping seconds 4 and 10, with poor sound quality at seconds 3,5, and 9.​

Re-pairing the headset seemed to fix the issue. But after a few hours it started doing it again, this time power-cycling the headset "fixed" it.

The next day i found windows force restarted/updated. After a couple hours of sound working just fine, it got much worse. Requiring re-pairing/restarting every couple of hours.

Example: for every 10 seconds of sound, it might play 0.3 seconds.(basically just a small burst of noise that sorta matched what was going on) the rest is complete silence.​

After updating/reinstalling everything i could think of, it appears to be stuck in the absolute worst state. No matter how many times i re-pair or restart.

Example: for every 60 seconds of sound, it might play 0.3 seconds.(basically just a small burst of noise that sorta matched what was going on) the rest is complete silence.​

The multi-function button on the headset is still able to pause/play content without issue. However all other controls ceased to function (can't change volume, skip, reverse, etc).

The headset works fine with my phone, and the headset + dongle work perfectly fine on my laptop (all in the same room, switching between them all to make sure it wasn't just interference). The issue appears to only occur on my primary desktop.

---

[What I've Tried]

• Re-pairing headset to bluetooth dongle.
  • Restarting computer.
  • Removed 'Avantree Leaf' from device manager and reinstalled it.
  • Forced another windows update and restarted.
  • Installed optional system drivers from windows update, and restarted again.
  • Enabled/Disabled the device in the sound manager (many times)
  • Set the default device to my speakers, tested them, changed device back to headset. (many times)
  • Manually started all 'Bluetooth' services in services.msc
  • Ran the Sound Troubleshooter.
  • Ran the Bluetooth Troubleshooter.
  • Updated motherboard BIOS
  • Updated GPU drivers
  • Made sure power management wasn't turning off the adapter (set to max performance)
  • Enabled/Disabled sound enhancements
  • (+other stuff i'm forgetting)

---

[Specs]

Windows

Edition : Windows 10 Enterprise
Version : 20H2
Installed on: 2021-‎03-‎06
OS build : 19042.867
Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0​

(not sure why it says installed on the 6th, i definitely updated twice today)

Computer

CPU : 3900x

GPU : GTX1080

---

[Wrap Up]

Others have the same/similar issue, THIS is the biggest forum post i could find about it. With a million different things to try, but none of them work for quite a few of us.

Is there anything else I can do/try/look at? This is extremely irritating lol

Continue reading...

Back