Windows 10 Bluetooth Headphones stop working at certain points, can't turn on or off.

• Thread starter Thread starter IJUSTWANTTODRAWBUTICANT
  • Start date Start date
I

IJUSTWANTTODRAWBUTICANT

My bluetooth headphones have a problem, occasionally they just completely stop making sound. No rapid beeps for when the battery's running out, no "connected" or "disconnected" text to speech voices, nothing. When it does this i can't turn the headphones off/on and need to wait for the battery to drain out before i can charge it and use it again (unsure if this means they're on or off, as when i need to drain it out I try to speed things up by turning on the headphone's noise cancelling mode which turns on a green light. This may be what drains the battery or the headphones may still be on while this is happening. The blue light that comes on when the headphones are turned off and on does not pop up when the power button is pressed or held.)

I've had this happen mostly when pausing a video when another video is playing, or when rapidly pressing the arrow keys to quickly skip through sections of youtube videos. I've also had it happen when scrolling through twitter looking at photos.

The headphones are visable to my PC, is still paired and can be connected and disconnected from my PC's bluetooth settings menu, although if the device is removed it can not be re-added until it's working properly again. The sound settings menu does not show them as an audio choice even whilst "connected", and although the sound control panel does list them, it says that they're disconnected.

Windows says the drivers are up to date and It's not the sound being too low (I've never had my hands anywhere near the volume buttons when this happens and increasing volume both in the master volume and by presing the headphone's volume up button don't fix it) so i have no idea what could be the problem.

Don't tell me to wait for the headphones to die and then charge them back up every time this hiccup happens, I need to use the headphones constantly and that process can take up to a day and a half to go through.

Don't tell me to trash the headphones after a failed troubleshoot and go buy new ones, that's wasteful when the headphones clearly work outside of this specific exception that i'm trying to fix.

The headphone's brand is the JDW YP578, and I am using windows 10, which i have not updated for about a month. Is anyone able to help?

Continue reading...