Windows 10 Bluetooth headphones with windows 10 randomly going silent for a few seconds every few minutes, while still connected

• Thread starter Thread starter iti_2294
  • Start date Start date
I

iti_2294

Hi,

My BT headphones (Sony WH-1000XM3) started having issues with audio playback when connected to Windows. No issues while listening to music or watching videos connected via BT to an Android phone. I don't have additional BT audio devices to check this issue with, but again, no issues on Android device with the same headphones. Also worth noting that i'm using a Logitech BT mouse and keyboard on the computer, also with no issues.

The issue started only a few days ago, and i bought these headphones 7 months ago, they worked flawlessly up until now.

Description of the issue:

The audio from the headphones randomly goes silent for about 10 seconds, every few minutes (frequency varies between 1 to 3).

The same issue occurs on different audio sources that i tried: Spotify, Apple Music, and streaming videos through Google Chrome. Didn't try other apps, but it seems that the issue is not app related.

When the audio playback stops, the headphones are still working and remain connected to the computer, and the audio or video playback in the application doesn't stop - the application which is the audio source continues to run.

When the headphones resume playing audio, it starts after the missing part. When the headphones audio resume, there's a kind of momentary stutter, which also happens if i stop the audio playback on the application (press "Pause" on the app) when the blackout starts - seems like a transmission that got stuck on the BT transmitter before the blackout started, and then being transmitted whether the app still plays audio or not.

I already tried all of the basic stuff:

- re-connecting, re-pairing the device

- running Bluetooth troubleshooting (didn't find any issues)

- checking for driver updates for Bluetooth (they are up to date)

- checking for software updates for the headphones (up to date)

Technical details:

Windows 10 pro 64bit, version 1903, build 18632.959

Realtek Bluetooth adapter driver date 15/05/2019, version 1.6.1015.3009

Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back