Windows 10 Bluetooth Headphones won't connect properly to my laptop. Pairing Issue and Audio Skips.

• Thread starter Thread starter KamoKing
  • Start date Start date
K

KamoKing

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems getting my headphones to connect. They were okay for a while after I got them but my laptop had to be repaired and its firmware reset and now the audio skips when I connect the headphones (if I can connect them) and when I try to connect them (regardless of success) I sometimes can't open my settings to adjust things because it's forced to minimise. If I unpair the headphones I can't get them to pair again (except sometimes it does and then I get the skipping). The laptop says its paired and ready to go but the headphones are still searching and the laptop flicks from connected to not connected. I can connect the LE_WH-1000XM3 but that gets sorted under other devices and not audio or mic so I have no sound or mic. WH-1000XM3 shows up as a seperate device that can't connect and says to check the device is still discoverable (it is). It says it's paired but my headphones keep searching and won't connect if I restart them.

I've tried resetting the bluetooth according to other people's suggestions to problems on here but nothing has worked. To my knowledge all drivers are up to date but when I'm in the device manager there are 6 or so copies of the 'LE generic attribute service'. I've tried deleting them but they reappear.

I've tried everything I can think of several times and none of it has worked. The headphones connect fine to my phone and other devices so it seems to be my laptop.

For clarity when I say the audio skips it's not an occasional skip, I can't listen to anything because it's a constant skipping getting maybe half a second of audio then half a second of nothing and that repeats. The mic works fine when I can get it to connect.

This has been going on for months now, please help.

Edit: In case it's relevant I get a message saying "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80070003)" on the windows update screen but I checked and the last upate was completed after I started getting these problems.

Continue reading...

Back