Windows 10 Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter vtec26
  • Start date Start date
V

vtec26

I recently purchased a pair of Soundcore Life P2 ear buds.

The buds pair fine with my Android phone and one Windows 10 PC. It works fine as a headset with the microphone recognized.

I have one Windows 10 machine where the P2 are recognized as only stereo headphones. I cannot get the mic to work.

Under Devices and Printers, the P2 Properties show all services as checked (Audio Sink, Handsfree Telephony, Remote Control, Remotely Controllable Device, and 2 checks for unknown services).

Under Bluetooth & other devices, the P2 shows a connected for music with an icon that looks like a vertical rectangle with a small button on the bottom. When it initially pairs, it shows as an actual headset icon. I have a pair of Aukey buds that connect to the same PC with the headset icon and the mic works fine.

Under Device Manager, the P2 shows up in the Bluetooth folder 2x. One lists Soundcore Life P2 and the other is Soundcore Life P2 Avrcp Transport. In the Sound, video and game controllers folder the P2 shows 2x. One lists Soundcore Life P2 Hands-Free AG Audio and the other is Soundcore Life P2 Stereo.

Under Control Panel > Sound, I see the P2 as headphones and Headset, but the Headset is greyed out with a red down arrow (disconnected) for both Playback and Recording. When I right click the greyed out Headset and select Connect, nothing happens. THe recording is set to Microphone Array

I've tried updating the BT drivers. I've tried removing the device and repairing multiple times. I've tried turning off and on bluetooth. I've tried restarting the P2 buds, but don't think that's the issue as the buds work fine with my phone and another windows 10 computer. Even other wireless buds work fine as a headset with the computer in question. I also tried the suggestion in this post Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back