Windows 10 Bluetooth not showing in Device Manager: New Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Internal PCIe Adapter

• Thread starter Thread starter DarkHunter975
  • Start date Start date
D

DarkHunter975

I'm having an issue with a newly installed piece of hardware in my desktop computer, a Wi-Fi6 Card & Bluetooth5.1 Adapter AX200 802.11AX

I installed the adapter into the correctly sized PCIe port on my motherboard (MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON). There's also a 4-pin USB connector that plugs into the motherboard and this is fitted to the correct location. I installed both the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth drivers that came with the unit without error. The Wi-Fi works flawlessly, but my computer does not recognize the Bluetooth. There isn't even a dropdown menu for Bluetooth within Device Manager with Show Hidden Devices checked.

Nothing regarding Bluetooth appears in Action Center. There's no blue on/off switch in Settings>Bluetooth & other devices. When I run Windows' Bluetooth Troubleshooter, it tells me "Bluetooth is not available on this device" which leads me to believe this is simply a driver issue.

I updated both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers from 21.30.0 (supplied by the manufacturer) to 22.40.0 found at Intel's website. This solved nothing.

Then, I performed a "clean install" of the drivers detailed here. No luck.

Upon checking Device Manager more thoroughly, I spotted an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" under Universal Serial Bus controllers, dated the exact time I first installed the unit. The device status reads: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I tried uninstalling the Unknown USB Device and rebooting in the hopes Windows would recognize it at startup, but it keeps failing to load, citing Code 43. In Device Manager, under Network Adapters, there is an entry for "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" but this appears to have nothing to do with the Bluetooth functionality. Still, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail. This seems to be an issue related to either USB or drivers.

Windows 10 is up to date. I suppose I could update my BIOS, but that doesn't seem like the likely culprit. I would try it anyway, but--this is a separate, unrelated issue to the Bluetooth--if I press Delete repeatedly while the computer is booting up, my monitor doesn't get a signal and leaves me with a black screen. Pressing no keys lets the monitor restart normally. I never see the quick flash with the motherboard brand/logo for some reason.

Thank you for listening, and I hope someone can help provide some insight.

Continue reading...

Back